Terms and Conditions
Hizoku Uprising Contest Terms and Conditions
Last Revised May 02, 2010
All submitted designs are limited to a maximum of four (4) colors not including the color of the shirt.
Shirt color for all printed designs is limited to the color offering currently available on Hizoku Uprising and is subject to change at any time according to availability.
Hizoku Uprising reserves the right to make necessary minor adjustments or changes to submitted designs in order to conform artwork to manufacturing requirements. Hizoku Uprising also reserves the right to make any other final decisions pertaining to a design’s ink colors, sizing, placement, appliqué, or embroidery.
All submitted designs must be the original work of the participant.
Works previously published in any location other than the Hizoku Uprising may not be submitted.
Submissions may not contain any intellectual property of any third party such as logos, trademarks, service marks or copyrighted material, unless we provide them to you for use in a specific contest. Please remember, although we may provide logos, trademarks, services marks or copyrighted materials to you, you may not manufacture, distribute or sell any products whatsoever that incorporate any such materials or otherwise refer to any band or celebrity that may be the subject of a contest: subject only to these rules and the “Terms of Submission” set out below, all laws and regulations governing intellectual property, privacy rights and rights of publicity of third parties apply.
The Hizoku Uprising reserves the right to reject any submission that it deems in its sole discretion to be vulgar, profane, offensive, or inappropriate.
All submitted designs become temporary property of Hizoku LLC for a period of 120 days from the date of submission upon the terms set out in this paragraph. So during that period the participant should not use the designs in a manner contrary to this paragraph. If the design is printed within the 120 day period, the participant understands and agrees that Hizoku LLC then retains permanent exclusive rights to that design for commercial use on apparel and other promotional products (subject to the payment terms set forth in these terms and conditions), and the participant hereby irrevocably assigns such rights to Hizoku LLC. If the participant is not agreeable to this, the participant should not submit designs to The Hizoku Uprising. If a design is not printed by Hizoku LLC within the 120 day period, the participant automatically retains full rights to their design and may elect to have their design removed from the Hizoku Uprising archives by contacting Info@TheHizoku.com
Submitted designs that are accepted will receive $1.00 for every purchase of their design. So for example we sell 1000 shirts of your design you receive $1000.00 dollars
Terms of Submission
Last Revised May 2, 2010
By submiting to the Hizoku Uprising, you are agreeing to the following terms, which serve as a binding agreement (hereinafter “the Agreement”) between you and Hizoku LLC.
- The Hizoku Uprising Contest (hereinafter “the Contest”) is the competition as described in the Hizoku Uprising Contest Rules.
- By submitting any word, combination of words, symbol, slogan, photographic image, graphic design or any other type of design (hereinafter collectively referred to as “the Design”) for consideration in the Contest, you represent and warrant to Hizoku Uprising that you have the right and authority to convey the rights granted hereunder; that the Design is original and free and clear of any encumbrances or liens and is not subject to any third-party agreements or arrangements that would interfere with their use; that the Design is not libelous, slanderous, obscene, and does not plagiarize; and that the exercise of rights herein granted will not infringe upon any copyright, right of privacy or any other rights whatsoever of any third party. You shall hold Hizoku LLC harmless and shall indemnify Hizoku LLC for all costs and expenses (including reasonable attorney fee’s) in the event of a breach of any of the foregoing warranties or representations. These warranties and representations do not extend to any material not furnished by you.
- If your Design is not selected as a winner within 120 days you may request the removal of your Design from the archives section of the website by emailing Info@TheHizoku.com
- Without limiting other remedies, The Hizoku Uprising may at its sole discretion remove any Design from publication and/or dissemination if it thinks that the Design is creating problems, possible legal liabilities, or is inconsistent with the letter or spirit of Hizoku Uprising’s policies, including poor design.
- The Design may be modified in any way whatsoever, used as a basis for additional illustrations or images (whether or not by you), and the Design and any modifications or derivatives thereof may be digitized without any additional approval being required of you, with the exception that you shall be shown such modifications and derivatives and shall have a right to withdraw use of your name as a credit. You hereby waive any and all attribution and integrity rights with regard to the Design whether arising under the law of any state of the United States, United States federal law, or the law of any other country.
- The Hizoku Uprising shall use reasonable efforts to ensure that the use of the Design in the Product is accompanied by a reasonable credit to you (subject to your right to withdraw such credit as discussed above).
- This Agreement, in whole or in part, may be freely assigned by the Hizoku Uprising. You may not assign this Agreement in whole or in part without the prior written approval of the Hizoku Uprising.
- If any part, term or provision of this Agreement shall be held illegal, unenforceable, or in conflict with any law of a federal, state or local government having jurisdiction over this Agreement, the validity of the remaining portions or provisions shall not be affected thereby.
- This Agreement contains the entire understanding of you and the Hizoku Uprising with respect to the subject matter hereof and with respect to the matter contained herein and supersedes all prior agreements or understandings. This Agreement shall not be modified except in writing.
- This Agreement shall be governed by and construed under the laws of the State of California, without regard to its principles of conflicts of laws and notwithstanding the fact that you may be domiciled in a different state or country. You stipulate and agree that any and all claims, disputes, controversies, suits or actions arising out of or relating to the provisions of this Agreement or the subject matter hereof and initiated by you, or any successor in interest, shall be adjudicated exclusively in the Circuit or District Courts of California, or the United States District Court for the District of California, which courts shall have the exclusive jurisdiction and venue for any and all such claims, disputes, controversies, suits or actions, and you hereby stipulate and submit to the personal and subject matter jurisdiction of such courts with respect to such claims.
- No agency, partnership, joint venture, employee-employer or franchiser-franchisee relationship is intended or created by this Agreement.
- A failure of either party to exercise any right provided for herein shall not be deemed to be a waiver of any right hereunder.
- Nothing herein shall be construed as an obligation of Hizoku LLC to manufacture and/or disseminate any specific quantity of Product containing the Design. All manufacturing, dissemination and marketing decisions regarding each Design are left to the sole discretion of the Hizoku Uprising.